Thursday, August 27, 2009

1a) List two reasons why teens are reluctant to call helplines despite the promise of anonymity and professional help.

Teens are reluctant to call helplines because they dun feel well talking to strangers. Just imagine talking to somone that you don't even know and that person is giving you tips to solve your problems. For myself, I prefer talking to someone that I know like teachers or friends. The second reason is some teens are very stubborn. They always want to solve their problems by themselves and just keep their problems to themselves. They don't like to share their problems with people which is really not a good thing.


b) According to Ms Lily Chu, how does Touch Leadership and Mentoring prefer to help troubled teens?

Touch Leadership and Mentoring prefer to help teens and youths through more direct, effective, means, such as educational workshops in schools, face to face counselling and home visits.This can be more efficient help to those in desperate needs.


2) Have you confided in your friends or family members about the problems you face in school/ life? Why or why not?


- Yes. I prefer telling my problems that I face in life to my freinds and family members than calling helplines. I find it easy and very comfortable to tell my friends and family members as i have know them for quite some time. For my friends, it is easy to talk to them about my problems as they may have encounter the same things as me. It is also common for teenagers to seek for their friends help when they face a problem. For family, the first one I will talk to about my problems is my sister. We are very close and we also share our problems togther. She may be 5 yrs older then me but we both have been through and does understand each other.



Have you been betrayed by your friends before? If yes, how? (You may change the names of the people involved for privacy)

Yes. It was during my primary school when i was priamry 5. I thought he was my friend, but he betrayed me. It was okay as nobody really likes him anyway. He is always up to something so he can't really be trusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment